Monday, March 21, 2011

New! Today I am Using...



Today I am Using.... will be a new feature on The Soap Bar. I love using other people's creations (and my own) so I thought because I use products from around the world but don't always review them, I thought I'd share with links. And you can peek into my product life by reading what I use...

Let's see how it goes:

Today, I showered with Voluptus soap by Dreaming Tree (heaven!) which I will be reviewing next. I am also wearing Honeysuckle lip balm by The Morbid The Merrier (the best lip balm made, in my opinion) and I am using virgin coconut oil today as my moisturizer because I love smelling like real coconuts.

Oh! And Anne-Marie from Brambleberry did NOT ask me to promote this, but I have to say, I have used every type of soaping glasses on this planet, and their soap glasses are by far the best protection around. The foam interior blocks any space for a drip of raw soap or splash of lye water to eek through. I can just throw the others away. They are $18, but blindness is nothing I want to mess around with.

So this is what I'm wearing today:



Please give me feedback and tell me if this is something that you would like to see a few times a week n addition to everything else...not in place of.

Thanks!

14 comments:

Tascha said...

Hallo! I think that this is a great idea! I like to read your blog and it´s nice to read what you are using today! Many greats from Austria! Tascha!

Tara said...

I'm new to soap making and to your blog. I like this feature and I want those glasses. Do they come in purple, I wonder?

Postpanamamaxi said...

Nice glasses, indeed.
But nothing for me, because I am myopic and need special ophthalmic lenses.

So I will have to go on using bad fitting glasses above my usual glasses.

I guess, they don't come out as ophthalmic soaping glasses, do they?

Postpanamamaxi

Dreaming Tree Soapworks said...

I want those glasses! Unfortuneatly they won't fit over my regular ones :( I like the idea of this feature, Fun Fun!

Amy Warden said...

I think it's a wonderful idea! Great glasses! Thank you for bringing them to our attention. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jo! Those look like vintage "biker babe" goggles! Love 'em -unfortunately, I too need "readers"....I wonder if they make 'em for us old chicks?

Joanna Schmidt said...

Tascha, thank you...so glad you like it :)

Tara, they come in pink, I think! http://www.brambleberry.com/Pink-Soapmaking-Goggles-P4688.aspx

Postpanamamaxi: I don't know :(

DTS Meghan: sorry about your glasses - your soap made me think about it...:D

Amy: love them. So comfy!

Heirloom: vintage biker babe glasses. Finally. They had soapmaker women looking so frumpy for too long! Dontcha think? Finally they modernized a tad, ya?

xoxo

claudia mold said...

Nice glasses. Nice woman!!!! Claudia

Marianafono said...

Jajajaja, Cuánta razón tienes!!! Ya me he quemado dos veces por atolondrada e imprudente!!!!
Muy buenos lentes!!

Charlene Simon said...

I have them in pink!!

Anne-Marie said...

LOL, lookin' good, Joanna! I'm glad that you like the goggles. We went total gaga over them when we first found them. So perfect for soapmaking! And you totally pull them off well ;)

Platypus Dreams said...

They look good on you Jo. I need reading glasses for the fine detail work so sadly these would not do the job.

Anonymous said...

I saw those goggles on her site but they've made them for years as onion chopping goggles, Anne-Marie just resells them as soap goggles. see: http://www.amazon.com/RSVP-International-Onion-Goggles-Black/dp/B0014SQU1A

Product Body said...

Great find on Amazon! Even on sale, though, Brambleberry has a good price....

but it's good to know if there is an inventory issue.