Saturday, August 30, 2008

My New Soap. Finally!

I have been struggling with getting my butt into the kitchen again to make some soap. I think it's been over a month, so to get myself pumped up again, I asked Trish, of Suds To Love to ask her hubby if he would make me two soap molds and I'd pay him for his time and work. He hand makes them for Trisha and I was hoping he would take me up on it.

He agreed.

Ok, so I ordered two, please make them whatever size I say, so this week, I get a fat box from Trisha. Yes! My molds. I opened them up and look what I got. Above is the 4 lb soap mold and the one below with the orange soap poured into it, is the 2 lb. soap mold. Obviously, I couldn't even wait to photograph them both before I soaped due to my incredible excitement. Trisha also sent me 4 soaps of hers (which all smell so good!). I urge Trisha to open up an Etsy shop. She is a soap making addict and she will run out of room at her home if she doesn't start selling those soaps soon!

The sugary brown soap below is the soap I just made and put into the 4 lb. mold. I will reveal the fragrance when it is time, because it might be part of something sugary from Product Body for the holidays.

Patience, pretty.



My husband asked me to make him a loaf of orange scented soap so here it is. It looks like custard to me. I sprinkled orange peel powder on the top.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!!

16 comments:

Heidi said...

AWESOME! I've been wanting someone to make me a few molds to. (*cough cough* *ahem* Tim)

Trisha and her husband are so generous. Maybe I'll have to order a mold myself. Better yet, they can open an etsy shop selling soap AND soap molds!

Your soaps look amazing =0)

Gena Kay said...

YUM! I can't wait to hear the scent, but regardless, I know if will be a masterpiece.

eye4style said...

Those look beautiful! I love bar soap too.

Anonymous said...

Those are very lovely! I can't believe how you've perfected the craft in such a short amount of time (well, I can believe it; you're really talented).

Yes, yes, Trish should sell soaps and her husband sell the molds!

Are those with or without lids? Which do you soapers prefer?

Suds to Love said...

Thanks so much for the love Joanna!

I hope you get tons of inspiration to put into them. For a lid, you can just lay a piece of cardboard over top of the mold and cover, it's what I do.

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful. I'm just a rookie, but I'm heading in to my kitchen to get back in the soap saddle (I haven't soaped since June) right now.

Unknown said...

I hope it's gingerbread!

feto soap said...

They are both lovely! I want to eat the 2nd one! Deviled eggs with cayenne pepper!

The Tickled Diva said...

The soap looks great. I can't wait for the reveal. Happy Soaping!

Sherrie said...

Oooh, lovely! I can't wait to see what the cut bars look like. :)

Helene said...

I keep looking at that box thinking "ohh all the pastries I could put in there!"... :)
Looks great Joanna!

dcyrill said...

Good to see you are soaping again. The soap looks great.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip about the cardboard lid, Suds!

Giuli said...

Yum!! I'm new in the soap world... I'm preparing the fiels to my first soap bar. I'm reading a lot and lot of things I have to lear.
I take a look to your blog often: I like it and love your soaps!
Just a curiosity: where can I buy a mould for soap?
Giuli in Italy

Carrie Garvin said...

Trisha husband~ what a dear! The mold looks wonderful~ and yummmmm orange scented soap~ how do you like it????

Joanna Schmidt said...

I love it!

I cut both this morning. Reveal at some point tomorrow...

Thanks for all the encouragement.

:D